FINAL REFLECTION FOR WORLD LITERATURE 2020-2021




    This semester was unlike any other for a handful of reasons, for starters, our whole time spent together has been online, which is not the traditional way of taking a course at a public school, but this whole year in general has been unlike like any other year. The corona virus has changed everything drastically including how we go to school. Besides the obvious, this course has been unlike any other to me also because I feel like we went more into depth and used more thinking strategies and looked at things from different perspectives than any other class. 

Looking back on our experience together, what I found the most meaningful was how much we worked together as a class or as a group. Also how flexible and understanding many teachers have been this year. I feel like In a lot of classes now, because we are older, sometimes work kind of just gets thrown at us, which is ok because its important to be independent and work on your own but also, working together can be very beneficial. When teachers do that, I find it really meaningful and I appreciate it because it can help significantly. Working together, getting everybody's feedback,  learning from each other and with each other benefits everyone and that is meaningful to me.

What I am most proud of is probably my drive and dedication to do better not only in this course, but overall in everything, life. I started this school year a month late. It was really confusing and discouraging at first being so behind. With the help from a few teachers, I was feeling more confident and motivated to get my work done. Not without trouble, I was eventually doing good in most of my classes. I am trying really hard to keep that up and to do even better. I would have to say that I'm most proud of myself not giving up and still reaching for the best.

 Besides everything, there are a lot of things I would have liked to do better, whether in my daily life at home or in school. In school, I really wish that I had been more on top of my game from the beginning. Especially in this class, this class is my favorite class and I think I could have definitely been less of a procrastinator. I know I could have done better on my participation of the first few chapters of Les Misérables and a lot of my first impressions. I would have liked to put a little more effort into all of my classes overall. 

What I think this class has taught me for the future, Is to look a little deeper. I feel like in this class, we read between the lines, looked at things from others perspectives, and really used our brains to go into depth of subjects and what they mean. I feel like the book we are reading together Les miserables really enabled us to go into those different ways of thinking. Before this class and the lesson on signs and symbols, I realized i had never even thought of them that way and never took the time to look into there meaning that much. I feel like a lot of people really just live on the surface and dont really take the time to look into things in everday life, what im saying is that i think its important to ask questions. I ask a lot of questions about everything everyday but this class helped me to continue to be open mined, aware, and think with a larger protion of my brain.

I hate to say that I havent really read that much this semester besides Les mes. That being said, lucky for me Les mes is a pretty intriquite book that uses a lot of examples of literary techniques if not all. One literary techniques that the author used that really made the text more effective would be characterization. This technique was used pretty often with he bishop, Jean Vajean, and others. This technique helped us get a better understanding of the characters overall. Another technique often used was tone. The author used tone a lot when refering to debatable topics. It also reminded us that there is an author, storyteller with opinions behind the words. The last technique I will be mentioning though there are more, is theme. The whole story and the events that happened to Jean valjean was really to convey the message that society can cause people to do things they wouldnt normally do, and the consequences can change ther life forever over a small mistake. The book so far really portrays the butterfly effect.

















    
           

Comments

  1. Thanks for your insights! Love the reference to Butterfly Effect :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts